New international conventions in force in the second half of 2020
It's more than half of 2020. From July, a number of international conventions will come into force. China PSC will push this issue for you.
Effective July 1, 2020
01 Res.msc Resolution 452 (99): Amendment to the revised performance standard of integrated navigation system (INS)
It is suggested that governments should ensure that the performance standards of INS equipment installed on or after July 1, 2020 should not be lower than that of INS equipment installed on or after July 1, 2020 Res.msc 452 (99), the main revision contents are as follows:
1. Add two items in Table 2 of 3.5: NAVTEX or other IMO approved equipment, approved mobile satellite service and enhanced group call system;
2. Added in 7.3.2: coastal and navarea navigation warning, search and rescue (SAR) warning, coastal and metarea meteorological warning, ice warning, and maritime safety information coverage functions;
3. In 7.3.3, "NAVTEX" is revised to "the operator can properly filter the display of maritime safety information messages".
Note: 7.3.2 is a mandatory additional function, adding coastal and navarea navigation warning, search and rescue (SAR) warning, coastal and metadata meteorological warning, ice warning, and maritime safety information coverage functions in the mandatory function; 7.3.3 is an optional function, in which "NAVTEX" is revised to "the operator can properly filter the display of maritime safety information messages".
02 msc.449 (99) resolution: performance standards for acceptance equipment of Indian regional navigation satellite system (irnss)
It is recommended that governments ensure that the performance standards of irnss acceptance equipment installed on or after 1 July 2020 shall not be lower than those specified in the annex to this resolution.
1. The receiver shall be able to provide position information, UTC time information, COG, SOG and alarm;
2. At least one normally closed contact shall be provided, which shall be able to display the fault of irnss receiving equipment;
3. When the position is lost or the new position is not calculated after more than 1s (conventional ship) or 0.5s (high-speed ship) according to the information provided by irnss, the alarm will be provided;
4. It has self check function.
Effective October 1, 2020
Resolution MEPC. 314 (74): amendments to Annex I, II and V to the amendments to the annex to the International Convention for the prevention of pollution from ships, 1973, as amended by the protocol of 1978
The main amendments are as follows:
(1) Add the definition of "electronic record book" to MARPOL Annex I, II and V;
(2) In MARPOL Annex I "oil record book", annex II "cargo record book" and annex V "waste record book", the requirement that electronic record book can be used instead of paper record book is added.
02 mepc.316 (74) resolution: Amendment to Annex VI to Annex VI to the International Convention for the prevention of pollution from ships, 1973 as amended by the protocol of 1978
The main amendments are as follows:
(1) Article 12 ozone depleting substances specify: "through MEPC. 176 (58) The electronic record system referred to in 12.6 adopted by Resolution No. 12.6 shall be regarded as an electronic record book, provided that the electronic record system is approved by the competent authority at or before the first international air pollution prevention (IAPP) certificate renewal inspection conducted on or after October 1, 2020 but not later than October 1, 2025, taking into account the "MARPOL electronic records" adopted by the organization in accordance with resolution MEPC. 312 (74) How to use the book.
(2) Article 13 nitrogen oxide and Article 14 sulfur oxide, add the requirement that electronic record book can be used instead of paper record book / log book.
(3) In order to avoid frequent revision in the future, the format of IAPP certificate and IEE certificate is modified, and the specific MEPC resolution number cited is deleted.
03 mepc.317 (74) resolution: electronic record book and certification requirements for selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system as amended by NOx Technical Regulation 2008
The main amendments are as follows:
(1) The provision that electronic record book can be used is added to the document of engine parameter inspection method.
(2) If a NOx reduction device is included in the EIAPP certificate, it shall be considered as a component of the engine and recorded in the engine technical file. The applicable test procedures shall be carried out and the approval and pre certification of engines equipped with NOx reduction devices shall be carried out by the competent authority, taking into account the guidelines developed by the organization. However, pre certification in accordance with procedures not involving bench testing of combined engines or NOx reduction devices as specified in the guidelines developed by the organization is subject to the provisions of 18.104.22.168. "
Effective October 28, 2020
01 mepc.300 (72) passed the approval rules for ballast water management system
The rules are applicable to the approval of bwms installed on ships on or after October 28, 2020. For bwms installed on ships before October 28, 2020, the approval of mepc.279 (70) or mepc.174 (58) is required.
1. The content of the rules is basically the same as that of the 2016 bwms accreditation guide. The rule 1.13 clearly stipulates that the bwms approved by the 2016 bwms accreditation guide shall be deemed to comply with the rules.
2. Certificate instrument
Ships installed with bwms shall hold type approval certificate; during certificate renewal inspection, the performance of bwms components shall be inspected and measured by the manufacturer or the personnel authorized by the manufacturer according to the instructions of the manufacturer. After verification, the accuracy calibration certificate shall be kept on the ship for reference; the ship shall have the operation, maintenance and Safety Manual of bwms provided by the manufacturer.
3. System condition
In case of bwms failure, sound and light alarm can be sent out at ballast water control console; for bwms releasing dangerous gas, sound and light alarm shall be sent out at the place where the system is located and the bwms control station on duty in case of leakage; the maintenance and repair of the system shall be well done and recorded, and the relevant records shall be kept in the control equipment for at least 24 months and can be displayed or printed The alarm shall be triggered and recorded by the control equipment. It is forbidden to bypass bwms under normal conditions, except in case of system emergency, such as system failure.
4. Crew operation
The crew members shall be trained to maintain and operate the system safely in accordance with the ballast water management plan and manufacturer's instructions, and provide training records; the responsible crew member shall be able to display the historical operation records and alarm records of the system as required, and explain the source and treatment of the alarm; the responsible crew member shall be familiar with the discharge procedure of untreated ballast water in case of bwms failure, and for new ships, if not tight In case of emergency, untreated ballast water shall not be discharged.
Effective December 26, 2020
01 amendment to Maritime Labour Convention in 2018
When a seafarer is hijacked on board or under the ship due to piracy or armed robbery against a ship, the employment agreement of the seafarer will remain in force even though the expiration date of the contract has passed. The shipowner shall continue to pay the crew's wages and other treatment, and piracy or armed robbery will not invalidate the seafarer's right of repatriation.
Last article: Attention, crew! These policy changes are closely related to you
Next article: 150000 DWT oil tanker settled in Yangpu Port of China