State Council: amend the regulations on seafarers and cancel the permit for issuing service books!
Decision of the State Council on Amending and repealing some administrative regulations
In order to promote the reform of streamlining administration and decentralization, combining decentralization with decentralization, and optimizing service, the State Council has sorted out the administrative regulations related to the cancellation and decentralization of administrative licensing projects, as well as the administrative regulations that are no longer applicable in practice. After cleaning up, the State Council decided:
1、 Some provisions of the seven administrative regulations were amended. (Annex 1)
2、 Ten administrative regulations were abolished. (Annex 2)
This decision shall come into force as of the date of promulgation.
Annex: 1. Administrative regulations decided to be amended by the State Council
2. Administrative regulations repealed by the State Council
There are two major changes in the revision of the regulations of the people's Republic of China on Seafarers: 1. The rating crew also needs the certificate of competency. 2: Cancel the service book issuing permission.
Annex 1, excerpt:
1. The first paragraph of Article 4 of the regulations of the people's Republic of China on seafarers is amended to read: "the term" crew members "in these Regulations refer to the personnel who have obtained the qualification certificate of crew members in accordance with the provisions of these regulations, including master, officer and rating crew. "
2. Delete articles 5, 6, 7 and 8.
3. Article 9 is changed into Article 5 and is amended to read: "seafarers shall obtain corresponding seafarer competency certificates in accordance with the provisions of these regulations.
"To apply for a seafarer's competency certificate, the following conditions shall be met:
"(1) at least 18 years old (16 years old for interns and trainees on board) and no more than 60 years old for initial application;
"(2) meeting the health requirements of the seafarer's post;
"(3) having received basic safety training for crew members.
"The crew members participating in navigation and engine room watch shall also receive corresponding seafarer competency training and special training, have corresponding qualifications, and have good job performance and safety record.
"The seafarers of international ships who apply for the certificate of competency shall also pass the professional foreign language examination for seafarers. "
4. Article 10 is changed to Article 6 and is amended as: "to apply for a seafarer's competency certificate, a written application may be submitted to any maritime administrative agency which has the corresponding authority to issue the seafarer's competency certificate, together with supporting materials proving that the applicant meets the requirements specified in Article 5 of these Regulations. For those who meet the prescribed conditions and pass the seafarer post examination organized by the state maritime administration agency, the maritime administrative agency shall issue the corresponding seafarer competency certificate and crew service book. "
5. Article 11 is changed to Article 7 and is amended to read: "the seafarer's competency certificate shall indicate the navigation area (line), ship class and class, position, and term of validity of the seafarer.
"The validity period of competency certificate of seafarers participating in navigation and engine watch shall not exceed five years.
"The crew service book shall state the name, address, contact person, contact information, performance of duty and other relevant matters of the crew.
"In case of any change to the items recorded in the crew service book, the crew members shall go through the change procedures with the maritime administrative agency. "
6. Article 22 is changed to Article 18, Article 57 is changed to Article 53, and "service qualification and performance" is revised to "performance".
7. Article 46 is changed into Article 42, Article 52 into Article 48, Article 65 into Article 61, Article 67 into Article 63, and the "crew service book" is deleted.
8. Article 56 is changed to Article 52 and "crew service book" is deleted. Item 4 is amended to read: "4. Failing to truthfully fill in or record the legal documents related to the ship or crew.". Item 5 is amended to read: "5. Concealing, tampering with or destroying the statutory certificates and documents of the relevant ship or crew member."
Last article: New international conventions in force in the second half of 2020
Next article: 150000 DWT oil tanker settled in Yangpu Port of China